Healthy After-School Snack Ideas for Kids!!!!
Happy Tuesday Everyone! Okay so lets face it, when it comes to giving kids a snack after school it can be a challenge to find something healthy they will actually want to eat. I have been guilty of saying “there is a bag of Doritos in the cabinet so grab it” :) – LOL and thats okay once in a while! So, I wanted to share a few snacks I have been making lately that have satisfied my daughter and her friends that come home with us sometimes after school.
1) A bowl of sweet and salty treats : 1/2 cup pretzels – 1/2 cup extra cheddar goldfish – 1/2 cup all natural Kettlecorn ( I got this at Fresh Market its awesome!! ) 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2) Banana slices with Peanut Butter & Granola : 1 banana sliced – Top with healthy peanut butter
( I use “Justin’s” brand) top with granola!
( You can do this before they get home and keep them on a plate in the refrigerator and its ready when they are! :)
3) Cucumber & Cream Cheese Sandwiches : 1/2 of a Asian Cucumber sliced thin and 1 teaspoon of light or regular cream cheese and I promise you these are so good that your kids will actually like cucumbers!! :)
4) Fruit Kabobs: I use cake pop sticks ( I got these at Target ) and just put any kind of fruit on it they like – you can even get them to help or again do this and keep them in the refrigerator too!
5) Hummus!!! Kids love hummus and I serve it with pretzels sticks and homemade tortilla chips- just take healthy tortillas ( I used whole grain and corn ) use a pizza cutter to make triangles. Heat oven to 375 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray ( I use Coconut Oil Spray – Trader Joe’s) then place triangles on the sheet and spray again with more cooking spray and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown – top with some salt and serve!
I hope these ideas have inspired you to get creative and healthy at snack time !!!
Leave a Reply