Ahi Tuna Burger with Avocado and Tangy Slaw
- 2 Ahi Tuna Steaks cut into cubes and then ground in food processor
- 1 & 1/2 TBSP low sodium soy sauce
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1/2 lime fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon siracha hot sauce
- 1/2 bag Vegetable Slaw can find in any grocery store
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP Agave Nectar
- 1 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon siracha hot sauce more if you like it hotter
- salt and pepper
- First, mix all your slaw ingredients in a small bowl and make sure everything is combined and set aside.
- Next, get your bag of vegetable slaw and only use what you need... for me it was about half of this bag.
- Then in a larger mixing bowl add the slaw first and NOT all of the sauce. Only add a little at a time until you get the consistency you like. I saved what I had left because it is delicious and you can use it as a dip for other things! :)
- Next, cut your Ahi Tuna steaks into cubes and place those pieces in a food processor. Then add the soy sauce, lime juice and some salt and pepper and pulse to combine. Don't add too much salt because there is soy sauce in there and don't grind it too much leave it a little chunky.
- Then transfer the tuna mixture to a mixing bowl and add in the siracha hot sauce and green onion and mix well to combine. You can actually taste this for seasoning at this point because it is sushi grade tuna and see if it needs more of anything.
- Next, form two good size patties with your hands and transfer to a plate and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour to chill. Also, put the tangy slaw in the refrigerator at this point as well and let flavors combine while you wait.
- The using a grill pan on the stove sprayed with olive oil cooking spray grill the buns and the tuna burger to your desired doneness. I like my tuna burger a little under medium so only takes about 2 minutes per side.
- Then simply build your burger I add a piece of regular lettuce to the bottom bun so that the tuna doesn't get the bun soggy. Then the patty and then the tangy slaw and avocado and it is so delicious!
- This burger is so good and such a light change for the summer season. My daughter Laila absolutely loved it and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! :)
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply