Baked Buttermilk Chicken Tenders
- 1 pack chicken tenders
- 1-2 cups fat free buttermilk use enough to cover all the tenders
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBPS light maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon season salt
- salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil cooking spray
- Add the chicken tenders to a bowl and add in the buttermilk, garlic powder, maple syrup, olive oil and some salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Then place the chicken in the refrigerator and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Then on a plate add the breadcrumbs, season salt and some black pepper and mix well to combine.
- Next, take the chicken out of the refrigerator and with tongs shake off the excess marinade and dredge each tender in the breadcrumbs on both sides.
- Then cover a baking sheet with foil and if you have a wire rack add that to the top and spray it with the olive oil cooking spray. Then place each tender on the baking sheet and spray tops with more of the cooking spray.
- Then bake them at 375 degrees for about 15- 18 mutes until they are cooked through. If the tops don't get brown just turn on the broil to leave them in for a few more minutes.
- Then serve them with your favorite dip and enjoy! I love these with ranch and my daughter Laila loves them dipped in marinara sauce!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply