Grilled Marinated Chicken Kebobs with Basil & Spinach Pesto
- 3 pack boneless chicken breasts
- 3 TBSP extra virgin oilive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoing
- 1 small fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- extra virgil olive oil cooking spray save for when you start to gill
Basil & Spinach Pesto
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 packed cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lemon the juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin oilive oil add more if needed to get texture you like
- salt and pepper
- In a small food processor add the toasted pine nuts, basil, spinach, lemon juice, garlic and some salt and pepper and pulse to chop all the ingredients. Then start adding in the olive oil to get the consistency you like. Then add in the parmesan cheese and continue blend until smooth. Check your pesto for seasoning to see what it needs and then set aside in the refrigerator till you need it.
- In a large Ziploc bag add the chicken breast and all the marinade ingredients and set in the refrigerator for at least 4-6 hours. You can also marinate for a shorter time if you need to.
- When you are ready to grill, take out the marinated chicken breast and cut into cubes and then thread them onto your skewers. If you don't have metal ones and your using wood be sure to soak them in water for at least 15 minutes.
- When your ready to grill, turn it on medium- high heat and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side depending on how big your cubes are. Grill your chicken kebobs until cooked through and you get good grill marks on both sides.
- Then simply serve your chicken kebobs on a platter with you pesto and enjoy! This is one of my favorite recipes to make when it starts to get warm and I hope you love it as much as my family does!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply