Grilled Shrimp Pesto Quesadilla
- 2 flour tortilla or any you like whole grain carb balance ..lots of options
- 8 grilled shrimp I used leftover grilled shrimp from the night before- you can also just grill them and then make this recipe
- 1/4 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup Basil Pesto
- extra virgin olive oil spray
Basil Pesto Recipe
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- For the Pesto : First toast the pine nuts in a small sauce pan and then add them to a food processor. Then add all the ingredients except the oil and parmesan cheese to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Last, add in the olive oil and parmesan cheese and pulse again until everything is combined.
- For the Shrimp - I used grilled shrimp I had leftover from the night before. All I did was toss them in olive oil, a little garlic powder and some salt and pepper and grilled them for about 2 minutes per side. This recipe is perfect for any grilled leftovers you have, chicken, fish, steak or even grilled vegetables.
- Next, get all your ingredients together and start to build your quesadilla.
- To build this start with the pesto and spread almost all the way to the end and then I try to fit at least 8 shrimp per quesadilla.
- Next, add as much shredded cheese as you want and you could use mozzarella cheese also or any that you have on this and it will still be delicious.
- Then spray a large sauté pan with some olive oil spray and transfer the loaded tortilla to the pan carefully. Next, turn the heat on to medium and then start to warm the tortilla. Then top it with the other tortilla and spary that with some more of the olive oil spray.
- Next, heat that side for a few minutes until the bottom is browned and then flip the whole thing with a large spatula and continue to cook a few more minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Then transfer to a cutting board and using a pizza cutter cut into four equal pieces and enjoy!!!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply