- 6-7 pieces really good imitation crab stick I buy mine from a asian food market
- 2 mini cucumbers peeled and sliced thin - can use large cucumbers also
- 1/3 shredded cabbage
Dressing for the salad
- 2 TBSP Japanese mayo or regular mayo
- 1 teaspoon siracha hot sauce add more if you like more heat
- 1 TBPS Ponzu sauce
- a splash low sodium soy sauce
- a sprinkle black sesame seeds
- First, prep all you vegetables and I love to add cabbage and cucumber but you can add carrots or shredded lettuce anything you have. Make sure all your vegetables are cut thin and and are all the same size.
- Next, transfer everything to a mixing bowl to combine and make sure you use really good imitation crab for flavor and to get this texture where it easily pulls apart.
- Next, add your mayo sriracha hot sauce, pinch of salt and ponzu sauce. I like the ponzu sauce because it saves some steps from the original recipe. If you don't have ponzu sauce you can add lemon juice and a pinch of sugar.
- Then just combine the dressing to then salad and mix everything together and transfer to a serving dish and top with black sesame seeds. I have seen people add avocado to the top also so add whatever you like.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply