Kung Pao Shrimp
- 1 pound large raw shrimp
- 1 red bell pepper chopped thin
- 1/2 white onion chopped or sliced
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken both
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 3 teaspoons chili garlic sauce more if you like more heat
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon pure sesame oil
- 3 TBSP Safflower oil or any flavorless oil you like
- 2 scallions large chop
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- First, prep all your ingredients so that everything is chopped and ready to cook since this recipe moves fast when you start cooking.
- In a small bow add the chicken broth, corn starch and the chili garlic sauce and whisk to combine and set aside.
- Then in a large pan on high heat add in the oil and then the onion and bell pepper and cook for about 4 minutes moving it around with a spoon. Then add in the garlic and cook for another 1 minute while continuing to stir everything around.
- Next, add in the raw shrimp, season it with some black pepper and continue to stir it all around for about 2 minutes.
- Then add in the oyster sauce and peanuts and continue to cook while stirring so that everything is coated with the sauce.
- Then add in the chicken broth mixture and scallions and finish cooking the shrimp until they are no longer pink and the sauce has thickened this should only take a few minutes.
- Then all you have to do is transfer the Kung Pao shrimp to a serving side and serve it with some cooked white rice and enjoy!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply