Pumpkin Chicken Chili
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 heaping cup pumpkin puree
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 15 oz can Cannelloni beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper seeds out diced small
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chili
- 1 & 1/2 TBSP Extra virgin olive oil ( salt and pepper )
- jalapeno pepper
- falt leaf parsley or cilantro and extra for inside the chili also
- First, add your dry seasonings to a small mixing bowl, stir well to combine and set aside.
- Next, add the olive oil to the pan with the onions, jalapeños and a pinch of salt and cook for about 5 minutes. Then add in the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Then add in the ground chicken, season it with some salt and pepper and cook until it is no longer pink.
- Next, add in the can of diced tomatoes and the pumpkin puree and mix well to combine.
- Then, add in your dry seasoning mix and mix well to coat all the ingredients and let cook another 5 minutes.
- Then, add in your rinsed and drained beans and again toss it all around well to combine.
- Then add in some flat leaf parsley or cilantro if you have that instead, chicken broth and continue to cook the chili for abut 15 more minutes until it reduces and thickens.
- Then simply transfer to your favorite chili bowl and add any of your favorite topping and enjoy!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply