Roasted Beets with Arugula, Goat Cheese and Almonds
- 3 red beets ends chopped off and washed
- 2 cups Arugula
- 2-3 tbsp goat cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds lightly toasted
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp lemon juice ( fresh )
- 1 tesp honey
- 1 tesp red wine vinager
- salt and pepper
- Wash and strub clean the beets and cut off the top and cover with 1-2 tablespoon olive oil then wrap them in aluminum foil and put it in the oven at 375 degrees - cook about 45-50 minutes - once they come off the heat and cool scrape the skin off and slice and then set aside. Then highly toast the slivered almonds in a small pan and then set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon, vinager, honey and some salt and pepper and mix well to combine ( make sure to season the dressing well)
- On a serving tray add the arugula and top with the beet slices, walnuts and the goat cheese and then the dressing and serve!
- I eat this as a salad or I serve it as a side dish it is light and delicious!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply