Roasted Shrimp and Butternut Squash Pasta Salad
- 12 raw shrimp peeled and deveined- more if you are serving more people
- 3/4 bag cubed butternut squash I used a bag of frozen cubed squash that I thawed - but you could also use fresh you would just need to roast it longer
- 1 box bow tie pasta I used Banza - made from chickpeas but use what you have
- 3/4 cup baby arugula add more if you like
- 1-2 TBSP sprouted organic pumpkin seeds or any kind you can find
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil / S & P
- 1-2 TBSP fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin oilve oil
- 2 TBSP white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 & 1/2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- First boil your pasta and then drain it and set it aside. Next, in a small mixing bowl add in all your vinaigrette ingredients and whisk together then set it aside.
- Next, add your shrimp and butternut squash to a baking sheet lined with foil and toss it all around in the olive oil.
- Then sprinkle over the garlic powder, flat leaf parsley and some salt and pepper and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. The butternut squash will take longer about 15 minutes.
- The shrimp will be done around 10 minutes so go ahead and take them off and place them on a plate and set aside. Then, let the butternut squash cook little longer around 15 minutes depending on your oven.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl add in the pasta, arugula and the vinaigrette and toss well to combine.
- Then add in your warm shrimp, butternut squash and pumpkin seeds and mix well to combine.
- Then simply transfer the pasta salad to a large serving bowl and enjoy!
- This pasta salad is so versatile, you could add toasted pint nuts if you didn't have pumpkin seeds and you could also add goat cheese and that would be delicious!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply