Shrimp Curry with Chickpeas
- 12 raw extra large shrimp peeled and deveined with tail on
- 1 13 oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 15.5 oz can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken both
- 1/2 onion sliced very thin
- 3 TBSP yellow curry paste I used MAE PLOY - can buy it on amazon
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 1 TBSP fresh cilantro
- 1 cup white rice I used Basmati but you can use what ever kind you like
- 2 TBSP vegetable slaw mix This gives a great crunch and makes this bowl so good
- 1 wedge lime
- First prep your ingredients, cut your onion in half and then cut it into thin slices. Then rinse and drain your beans and set your shrimp aside in a bowl as well. Also, at this point start cooking your rice in the rice cooker and then set aside when it is done.
- Then in a large pan add the coconut milk and the curry paste and whisk together for about 5 minutes until it is smooth and combined.
- Next, add in the chicken broth, soy sauce and lime juice and mix well to combine..
- Then add in the fresh cilantro and cook for about 15 minutes stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens and all the flavors combine.
- Next, after the sauce has cooked for at least 15 minutes add in the garbanzo beans and the shrimp and cook for about 6 more minutes.
- Once the shrimp is pink and fully cooked, turn off the heat and cover the pan to stay warm.
- The simply build your bowl by adding the rice first then top it with the shrimp curry and add your topping.
- The vegetable slaw really makes this bowl even better by adding a crunch, so try to add this topping if you can find it in the produce section!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply