Slow Cooker Chile Lime Chicken Street Tostadas
- 3 chicken breast boneless and skinless
- 2 TBSP Chile Lime Seasoning I get this at Trader Joes
- 1/4 cup onion sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken both
- 6 street taco yellow corn tortillas
- 1-2 TBSP fresh cilantro as much as you like to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- avocado cubed or smashed
- diced tomatoes
- Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- cup light sour cream
- refined beans
- scallions chopped
- fresh cilantro
- In a crockpot place in your chicken breasts and top with the Chile lime seasoning, garlic powder, sliced onion, chicken broth and some salt and pepper and cook on high for 3 hours. At this point add in some cilantro and shred the chicken with two forks and then let it go about another 30 minutes.
- Next, place your corn tortillas on a baking sheet lined with foil and coat each side with some oil and sprinkle the tops with some salt.
- Bake them at 375 degrees for exactly 7 minutes and then flip them over and cook another 7 minutes and they will be golden brown like this.
- Then all you have to do is prep your toppings and build your tostada. I ALWAYS layer these with refined bends first, that I simply heat on the stove top with a little olive oil to get them creamy. Then I add my chicken and the rest of the toppings but add what ever things you love and enjoy!
- What I love about these street corn tortillas is that they are small so you can just pick these up and eat them!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply