Spaghetti Squash Taco Boats
- 1 Spaghetti squash cut in half and seeds scared out
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 14.5 oz cam Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 or less 14.5 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil more if needed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Pico de Gallo
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- 2 TBSP onion white or red use what you have
- 2 TBSP fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 TBSP fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese more if you like
- 1 scallions chopped
- cilantro as much as you like
- For the Spaghetti squash: Cut it in half and scrape out the seeds and then spray the inside with olive oil cooking spray and season with some salt and pepper. Then place them face down on a baking sheet lined with foil and and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Once the squash is cooked, flip them over on the baking sheet and with a fork scape the inside to create strands that look like noodles and set aside.
- Next, in a small mixing bowl add in all your taco seasoning ingredients and mix well to combine. Set aside
- Then make your pico de Gallo ...chop all you ingredients, squeeze in your lime juice and toss to combine well and set aside.
- Next, in a large sauce pan add in the olive oil and season the ground turkey with some salt and pepper and add in the taco seasoning then cook until no longer pink.
- Next, add in your tomato sauce and cook until it reduces about 5 minutes and then add in your black beans and cook for another few minutes.
- Then take your spaghetti squash boats and top them with some of the turkey mixture and top that with some of the shredded cheese. Next, place them back in the oven at 350 degrees for a few more minutes until the cheese is melted
- When they come out they will look like this and now all you have to do is top them with the pico de Gallo and any other stopping you like.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply