Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cut into bit size pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 TBSP flat leaf parsely I used Gourmet Garden lightly dried herbs- can find these in the produce section
- 1 teaspoon chives I used Gourmet Garden lightly dried herbs- can find these in the produce section
- 1 & 1/2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP butter I used Brummel & Brummel made with real yogurt
- salt and pepper
- First peel your sweet potato and then cut it in half and then in half again and chop into bite size pieces.
- Next, in a large skillet add the olive oil and butter start to heat them on medium / high heat and then add the potatoes with some salt and pepper and start to cook them. At this point also add in the garlic and onion powder and the herbs and mix well to combine....cook them for about 8 minutes.
- Next, using a spatula mix flip them around so they get browned on all sides. Then add a splash of water in the pan and cover them with a lid for about 5 minutes to make sure they cook through.
- Then take the lid off and again mix them all around with a spatula and check them for seasoning to see if they need more salt and pepper. Cook them for a few more minutes until then are brown on the outside and tender on the inside.
- The simply transfer them to a serving bowl ...sprinkle them with a bit more parsley and serve!
- My daughter and I absolute love these and I serve them with an egg over medium on top and it is so delicious!!! :)
- This recipe is a savory way to eat sweet potatoes, so you could also use these as a great side dish for anything from fish, chicken or steak!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply