Zucchini Lasagna Roll- Ups with Spinach and Mushrooms
- 4 zucchini peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 jar tomato sauce I used Mezzetta Italian Plum Tomato - its my favorite
- 3-4 tbsp grated Parmesan Reggiano
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella- part skim more if you like
- 15 oz low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 4 large button mushrooms sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon basil I used LITEHOUSE - instant fresh herbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl add the ricotta cheese, garlic powder, egg, 2 tbsp of the parmesan cheese and some salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Set aside
- Next, in another bowl add the sliced mushrooms and spinach and season with some salt and pepper and toss to coat. Set aside
- Coat the bottom of a baking dish with the tomato sauce and then start assembling. Take a slice of zucchini and add some of the ricotta cheese all over it.
- Next, add some spinach and a few sliced mushrooms to the top of the ricotta cheese.
- Then simply roll up each zucchini and add it to the baking dish with the tomato sauce in it.
- Next, once they are all in the baking dish I sprinkle everything with a little bit more salt and pepper and then top each roll-up with some tomato sauce.
- Then I add the mozzarella cheese to the top of each one and I sprinkle the last tbsp of parmesan cheese over the top as well.
- Bake the zucchini lasagna roll-ups at 375 degrees for 30 minutes and enjoy! This is one of my FAVORITE vegetarian recipes of all times and a crowd pleaser.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply